And a few more…
- No matter how much you love coffee, it cannot be your only source of nutrition. The four food groups are not: hot coffee, iced coffee, latte, and espresso. This will end badly.
- Your gut reactions and instinctual responses are not necessarily wrong, but they don’t necessarily reflect Truth, either. We need to understand that we are a product of our culture and environment, good or bad. It’s okay to have those gut reactions, but it’s important to reflect on those for what it says about us and what the Bible says in response. And sometimes, we need to hold those responses long enough to evaluate them and not just spout out nonsense. Nonsense can be hurtful… it can also make you look like a moron.
- Don’t be so busy that you neglect the wonderful experiences and opportunities around you. Remember, you will never be here again in the exact same way.
- Likewise, you can never go back in time. You may want to return to some part of your past, some time or place that seems so right, or easy, or beautiful in retrospect, but even if you go back, it won’t be the same place it was when you left. You must continue moving forward.
- God really is bigger than the boogie man, especially when the boogie man takes the form of an obscenely large research paper.